After the turn of the Century and automobiles popularity
came into being, Dr. Daniels introduced the gray flannel mouse and refillable wooden cat
balls as toys for the felines. A box of Summit Brand Catnip leaves and tops was then added
for the cat's pleasure. Dr. Daniels' was the first to market catnip and catnip toys to the
household cat. Each toy was 100% filled with catnip. Now,
over a hundred years later,
the toys are still manufactured the same way.
Charles C. Rogers and Nellie Kidder purchased and Incorporated the business in 1914. It
was then owned by the Rogers' family until 1954 when Henry Van Baay purchased the business
and real estate. Dr. Donald W. Hey purchased the product line in 1959 and moved the
business to it's current location in Webster, MA
Today the products are very similar to original formulas and packaging has changed with
the compliance to the FDA. With the coming of 2 family incomes and more house pets, our
feline toys have grown and products for cows, sheep and poultry have declined.
Dr. A.C. Daniels used his face and signature on all of his products and
advertising until the 1960's. He was very heavy into promotional items such as
thermometers, medicine cabinets, first aid kits, calendars, etc. If found, these are
valuable collector items today. Even old product tins and bottles are found in many bottle
collections across the United States.
|Mailing Address :
Dr. A.C. Daniels, Inc.
109 Worcester Road
Webster, MA 01570-2102
Email : Dr. Daniels'
||Click on pictures for more detail.